Wear CDC-recommended face coverings.
- All adults and employees must wear masks at all times in the building.
- Kids under five are not required to wear masks.
- Kids five years of age and older need to either wear a mask or come to clinic with one so their therapist can assist in tolerating.
- Exceptions: Pre-existing health conditions that may prevent individual from wearing covering
While we are open, we will continue to honor social distancing and health authority recommendations. Please note the following:
- All COVID-19 policies implemented before our transition to teletherapy are still in place, including the closure of our lobby spaces. The Sprouts lobby has been emptied and Parents, caregivers, and siblings are required to refrain from lingering in this common area.
- We ask that when bringing your child to their session, do not enter the building more than 5 minutes prior to the start time of the session. Please have them wash their hands then transition them to their therapist(s) in the drop off zone and promptly exit the facility.
- If your child needs a diaper change during a session, our front desk staff will give you a call to return to the clinic.
We will continue to implement our updated policies and preventative measures discussed in previous emails and following all CDC guidelines: All sessions will be ending early to allow time for therapists to debrief with parents on child’s session as well as clean equipment between clients.
- Parents must return to pick up their child prior to the end time of their (last) session to allow staff to perform cleaning procedures.
- Requiring our clients and families wash their hands with soap and water - for at least 20 seconds - before and after their sessions. Our staff will be expected to uphold this precaution as well.
- All toys and equipment used in session will be cleaned and disinfected between each client.
- Drastic increase in frequency and extent of our daily cleaning, sanitization, and disinfecting procedures for therapy materials/toys, equipment, and treatment spaces. Included also will be all frequently touched surfaces, such as doorknobs/handles, front desk counter, lobby furniture, etc. Cleaning and sanitizing will occur multiple times and will be ongoing throughout the day.
- The ball pit has been emptied and will not be in use during this time.
- Cloth items such as blankets and body socks are washed after one child use and crash pad covers are washed after daily. Items such as stuffed animals, cuddle/cocoon swings and weight vests have been removed from clinic until further notice.
We want to continue to partner with our families to keep us all healthy and safe. Our clinic will continue to implement the following policies:
- Sessions should be canceled for children with compromised immune and respiratory systems if a child’s health is of concern.
- Canceling sessions in progress should a child begin showing symptoms.
- Families of children with cold or flu symptoms are required to take a break from therapy and cancel treatment sessions until they are symptom-free. Symptoms include fever, coughing, sneezing, runny nose, and shortness of breath. In the event these symptoms occur, the less than 24 hour cancelation policy and fee will be automatically waived. Fees will be waived for in-clinic sessions through December 31st and will be extended as needed.
- State of Hawaii has ordered all individuals, both residents and visitors, arriving or returning to State of Hawaii to a mandatory 14- day self-quarantine. Families must cancel their sessions if under quarantine. Beginning September 1, 2020, state guidelines will allow travelers from out-of-state to avoid the 14-day quarantine by submitting to a valid COVID-19 test within 72 hours of their trip and showing proof of a negative test result at the airport. If a member of your household has arrived in the state of Hawaii, other household members who have not traveled do not need to self-quarantine. However, if the returning member develops symptoms and is suspected to have COVID-19, all household members will be considered close contacts and will need to be quarantined and a doctor’s note will be needed for a family clearance. Please make sure you are getting and sharing accurate information from proper health and medical authorities. The CDC has an advisory page that you can find here.
Current Clients- Traveling?
Please refer to the CDC precautions for traveling: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/travelers/travel-during-covid19.html
If you will be in quarantine upon returning to Hawaii, please speak to your therapist prior to your travels. As an alternative to in clinic sessions, your child can participate in teletherapy during their quarantine time if recommended by your therapist. Your child can resume services once quarantine ends. We appreciate your assistance in the care of your children and all others at Sprouts. Please let us know if you have any additional questions or concerns.